Marquis Construction Services
Job Description Multi-Craft / Scaffolding / Insulation
Summary / Objective
The responsibilities this multi-craft position is to install scaffolding and install insulation material to pipes or ductwork or other mechanical systems in order to help control and maintain temperatures.
- Adheres to all OSHA, site specific and Marquis Construction Services safety requirements for applying insulation
- Participate in safety pre-job audits (JSA’s) with the scaffolding crew to ensure all safety hazards have been identified
- Abide and follow Marquis safety rules and regulations
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Conduct daily visual inspections of scaffolding to ensure structural stability
- Regularly inspect scaffolding components and recognize damaged or defective parts vital to the structure of the scaffold
- Accurately interpret and apply information from job orders, work orders, blueprints or sketch drawings.
- Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, knives and scissors.
- Fit insulation around obstructions and shape insulating material and protective covering as required.
- Determine the amounts and types of insulation needed and or required and methods of insulation, based on factors such as location, surface shape and equipment use.
- Install sheet metal around insulated pipes with screws to protect the insulation from weather conditions or physical damage
- Apply, remove, and repair insulation on industrial equipment, pipes, ductwork or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, tanks and vessels to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
- Willingness to work with other crew members to accomplish task.
- Effectively communicating with Supervisors, Peers and Subordinates
- Responsible for cleaning work area – removing debris and materials.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervision
The work environment characteristics described represent f those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Working around moving mechanical parts
- Working in high precarious places
- Exposed to all types of weather conditions – hot /humid/cold/wet
- Working around different types of chemicals
- Working in high noise areas
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform he essential functions.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Ability to feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to stand, walk, climb, or balance, stoop kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear and taste and smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Ability to pass Hair Follicle Testing
- Acceptable Background
- Successfully complete Marquis and Site Safety Training
- At least two (2) years of previous insulation experience in a chemical plant environment
- Must be willing to work overtime
Marquis is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veterans’ status.
The above job description reflects only the basic requirements of the position and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.